One day tour to Chernobyl and Pripyat
The man-made disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in 1986 forever changed the area around the station and the city of Pripyat. For many years it remained an exclusion zone, where the entrance was closed to everyone except the liquidators of the accident. But today the attitude towards Chernobyl has changed, and everyone who wants to see a unique corner of the country that has survived an extreme catastrophe and is now gradually returning to life is allowed into the zone.
We offer one-day tours to Chernobyl for general acquaintance with the history of the creation of the nuclear power plant and its disaster, as well as for visiting the ghost town, where life froze more than 30 years ago. Today, Chernobyl is not only a place of alienation, but also a bitter memory of the tragedy experienced, which can no longer be tolerated.
What you will see during the tour
A one-day tour to Chernobyl includes a route that includes:
- over-the-horizon radar for detecting intercontinental ballistic missiles (Duga);
- Red Forest – a forest massif subjected to massive radioactive contamination during the accident, subsequently deactivated, now being restored naturally;
- Chernobyl NPP – memorial and observation deck, visit includes feeding catfish;
- Pripyat is a city abandoned by people, where buildings of schools, swimming pools, cinemas, high-rise buildings, as well as an amusement park with a Ferris wheel, which did not have time to launch, have been preserved;
- buried village – villages that were closed due to increased danger to human health;
- the city of Chernobyl with a visit to the monument to the liquidators of the consequences of the nuclear accident, “Memory Alley”.
The main part of the excursion program is a one-day excursion to Pripyat. Here you will see everything that remains of the once flourishing city, where children’s laughter rang and active life was in full swing. Today, the city is overgrown with tall grass and trees, and only ruins remain of the former magnificent buildings, which serve as a formidable warning for future generations.
A one-day excursion to Chernobyl shows how Soviet people lived in another era. Unique monuments and attributes of the Soviet era are still preserved on the territory of Pripyat and nearby objects.
Benefits of booking a tour in our agency
- extended program with visits to all the most significant places;
- full guarantee of safety – two dosimetric controls, compliance with safety regulations, developed specifically for contaminated radiation areas;
- guided tour by an experienced qualified guide;
- organizing an all-inclusive tour (meals, insurance, use of dosimeters).
Visiting the area of the former Chernobyl nuclear power plant is not an idle curiosity. This is an opportunity to give memory to those who saved humanity from death three decades ago and the realization of how important it is to treat the world around us with care and responsibility. One-day tour to Chernobyl is a unique tourist experience and vivid unique emotions. To book a tour, select a date and fill out the registration form on the website.